WINTER KNITS

Knitting while we freeze

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

well the first step was the easiest...

I took the knitting with wire class from Annie Modesitt last weekend. I am wearing my bracelet cuff today. All I can say is.. this is freaking AWESOME!! I can't wait to make a bunch of necklaces and bracelets for friends and family.

The only drawback.. I need to use aluminum needles.. not just plain old any needles, but the aluminum ones b'c the wire pulls the coating off them. So all my plans will have to wait until I see some aluminum circs like I used in class. I can use straights, but I don't have any taht small. all of my straights are like yooge. drop offs from my family members who think they can unload useless needles on me.

So no, I haven't started, but I am on my way...

1 Comments:

At June 23, 2004 at 2:35 PM, Blogger Christine said...

What size aluminum circs do you need? I have a BUNCH of them. I dont really use them any more since I went to Denises for all my circs. Drop me an email and I'll see if I have the size/s you need. I'd be happy to make some kind of trade for em!
Most of the ones I have are the "boye" type with aluminum needles and a plastic-y cord. Although I think I have a small circumference circ with a metal cord too..
anyhow, email if you're interested!
-Christine

christineinca@yahoo.com
http://www.christinesflowers.com/blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home