WINTER KNITS

Knitting while we freeze

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

the long winding road

my current winter project is pretty simple: make a hank of this stuff into a ball so i can do something with it.

lesson 1: hairbrushes are bad nostepinnes.
lesson 2: lace weight yarn makes good knots.
lesson 3: if i ignore it, it will not wind itself.

eventually, i will be making a moebius for my mom using darilyn page's diagonal lace bookmark pattern.

man, i like lace. maybe i'll still like lace in december!

3 Comments:

At July 20, 2004 at 8:31 PM, Blogger Christine said...

I had to laugh when I clicked on your link. I currently have five skeins of that yarn ready to be wound. There it sits, in all it's unwound glory, taunting me!!

 
At July 21, 2004 at 9:36 AM, Blogger purlewe said...

but of course if you need it wound, send it to me.. I'd love to knit *ahem* wind it for you *giggle*

Purlewe (who is on a big lace kick right now)

 
At July 23, 2004 at 6:58 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

hehe...i might just take it to rosie's and BEG to wind the other two hanks there.

thanks for the "offer"!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home